We want to thank all the teams that came in the past few months and worked so hard to help change communities in Jeremie. With the help of teams we were able to roof homes of people in need, we put on medical clinics for the ill, we were able to join with Haiti’s Hero’s to help clean the hospital, and much more! Thank you so much to those who have served alongside our Haitian leaders.
We saw God do so much in the lives of people in multiple communities through our leaders. A few of our leaders have grown immensely and have started to disciple other leaders. One of our leaders was able to take in a newer believer and spend the past two months mentoring him, teaching him new trades/skills, and just doing life together. This is a wonderful picture of what Jesus called each of our lives to look like - people who empower others through life on life! The best part of this story is watching the spiritual change in this new believer. He is more on fire for the Lord and ready to go out and change his own community in Jeremie. “The harvest is plentiful, but the laborers are few; therefore pray earnestly to the Lord of the harvest to send out laborers into his harvest.” Matthew 9:37-38
We want to give a huge shout out to New Song Church as they have helped fund the new generator at HBM. New Song Church has said that they will match any donation up to $5,000! This is a huge blessing and we are beyond grateful for everyone that has joined in helping us with the new generator. Please join us in thanking God for those who have partnered with New Song and HBM. We ask that you would continue to pray for God to lay it on people’s hearts to help with the remaining $3,000 left to cover the cost of the new generator! We cannot wait to see who God uses to cover the remaining amount - maybe it’s you! May this generator serve teams, the missionaries, and everyone who enters HBM for years to come!
Haiti continues to experience governmental corruption; however, we are believing that God will bring peace to this country. The cost of living is still high and many continue to suffer. At HBM we are doing our best to alleviate the suffering and serve the communities around us. We continue to partner with different zones to know the best way we can serve Jeremie during this time.
We have some exciting news coming soon as we have partnered with Feed My Starving Children (FMSC) to really transform the zone, Te Wouj. Stay tuned as we continue to give details on how we are going to do this and how you can partner in prayer through this project.
What can you do to help?
- Join us in praising God for all he is doing in Jeremie, Haiti as we continue to see more people come to Christ through the local church. The HBM churches put on two night services last week and 14 people came to know Christ! We want to praise God for this and celebrate with the Lord. Pray that the HBM pastors and the church community would continue to love on people as Christ loves us.
- Pray that God would continue to raise up leaders to transform their communities! May these leaders join God as he draws more and more people to Himself.
- Pray that God would continue to provide for HBM financially through his people and that God would abundantly bless those who are already giving to HBM as we seek to advance the Kingdom together. “Not that I seek the gift, but I seek the fruit that increases to your credit.” Philippians 4:17
- Donate. You can donate to HBM by clicking here choosing the donate button. Some companies do matching program for donations as well, click here to see if your company may have a program in place.
- Consider sponsoring an Emerging Leader. They are the future of Haiti!